The ADVANCE Program is a non-profit transition training organization focused on supporting young adults with social and learning differences. ADVANCE includes training and oversight in the key areas of adult transition skills, career training , healthy lifestyle, as well as secondary education, tutoring, and support. All students enjoy access to our unique QUEST social adventure and integration program. QUEST activities include exploring the city through festivals, museums, local attractions, and sporting events.
ADVANCE offers psychological counseling, speech, employment coaching, and weekly goal-oriented advising. All sessions are led by passionate, experienced, licensed professionals. We empower young adults to self-advocate and determine their life’s course in ways that support life long growth and contribution to their community.
Who Should Apply
Successful candidates are young adults motivated to achieve personal independence while enjoying strong personal and workplace relationships.
The criteria for success include:
- High school graduates
- Between the age of 18-26
- Full scale IQ of 80 or above
- Diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder, AD/HD, and/or other social and learning disabilities
- Indiaiduals motivated to transition to a life of personal independence and social engagement
A Path to Success
ADVANCE is making a difference by providing a path to success. Our post high school education support, social relationship program, and career training process guides young adults with social and learning differences to a life of social and economic independence. Customizable counseling and coaching is available to ensure participants’ ability to continue their successful journey to personal independence. transition
1, 2, and 3 Year Programs
Curriculum Design Highlights:
- Daily seminars on self image, goal setting, and overcoming social obstacles
- Apartment living / budgeting / financial planning
- Internships / job acquisition and support
- Guest lectures by community partners and advocates
- Workshops / community visits
- Individual and group counseling
- Social relationship guidance and practice
- College coursework assessment, support, and tutoring