Successful candidates to the ADVANCE Transition Program are young adults motivated to achieve personal independence while building strong personal, organizational, and team-based relationships.
The criteria for success include:
- High school graduates
- Between the age of 18-26
- Full scale IQ of 80 or above
- Diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder, AD/HD, and/or other social and learning disabilities
- Indiaiduals motivated for personal independence and social engagement
How to Apply to The ADVANCE Transition Program
Applying to the ADVANCE Transition Program is easy using our ONLINE APPLICATION. We require families to apply online as it simplifies submission and provides applicants a tool for tracking the status of their admission after their application has been submitted.
*A non-refundable fee of $275 must be submitted with each application.
1. Create an Online Application
To begin the Online Application process, Create an Account. You can then log in to your account and Create A New Candidate Application. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access your open application.
After you submit the application, you can track your admissions status with ADVANCE by logging in to your account. There you will be able to print the completed applications, monitor when the school receives supplemental application forms, and, if necessary, reprint the supplemental forms.
2. Complete and Submit Forms
Submit with your application:
- Informed Consent Forms
- Student Mental Health Information
- Current testing dated within the past 3 years
- Photo of applicant
- High school and/or college transcripts
- Authorization for disclosure on all schools from last two years, current therapists/counselors and current psychiatrists
3. Candidate Visit
- Our application processing system, will notify us once your application is complete.
- The ADVANCE Transition Program admissions team will carefully review your information.
- Advance will then work with you to schedule the applicant to shadow a current student for at least one training day. This allows our onsite team to make a final evaluation of the applicant’s current skill sets and our strategies to meet the individual’s growth and development needs.
All items listed must be submitted before we can schedule your ADVANCE Transition Program Tour.
Download Our Quick Start Guide Here